Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Hello to the 2 who are visibly "following" this blog ..and maybe another 2 or 3 people

Good news....
I have been told I will get some very old Malhavoc back in my collection. so check back here in a few months.

I read their show last month was good, but have not seen a setlist or audio/video posted anywhere.

In the meantime, enjoy this newsclip from City-TV Toronto, December 19,1987
from the Foodshare Benefit all-day Gig
that Stephanie Heyens helped set up (and Oskar to some extent, but back then, he was kind of mean and crusty on some days like Billy Milano, so I think he stepped away)

Clip has brief shots of the trio, Shrine-era. Only footage that exists, as the cameraman or the tv station would only give James the master tape with maybe a complete song for $100,and he didn't have it back then, or didn't think it was worth it, so they probably taped over it.

That was the show where everybody thought James puked onstage.
I forget the story because I couldn't see from sitting in the very back on the stands, me and a friend were recording it to get a good sound.
Maybe James had dry heaves?
How do you know the date of this show if you have a copy (and have not shared it WITH US ?)
The crowd keeps yelling for a very old song of theirs to be played called "Sineater", but the drummer John C. had said back then he would never play it again.

Thanks to JimiLaMort for uploading it.

DREAD
Saturday December 19, 1987.FOODSHARE BENEFIT at ILDIKO'S,Toronto.


http://youtu.be/B9R9UqroPOg

No comments:

Post a Comment